A very informative post from Carra Riley!
Questions To Ask A Real Estate Agent When Selling Your Home.
As a Real Estate consultant, my job is to help a seller select a Real Estate agent who blends with the personality and the needs of the owner. We are all different. We all process information in a manner unique to our past experiences.
Selecting an agent to represent one of the largest transactions most people make in their lives, is critical to the success of the transaction in selling your home.
A sampling of some consulting questions and process for a seller are discussed in this article.
A specific program will be designed for each individual seller to make the most efficient use of your time when selecting a Realtor to market your home.
Details of the entire process will be explored and a feeling of comfort will set in, as you embark on this new adventure in the changing economic times we live in.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
The consulting you will receive will set you up to be able to process the transaction with ease.
We guarantee there WILL BE waves in every transaction. It is what you do in the boat rowing together with the agent you select, to get over the waves that will make or break your experience. You want to have confidence in the agent you select so it is important to interview them like you would a job applicant. You are hiring the real estate agent to do a job and that job is to sell the house.
You do have to listen to the agent and discuss the actual current market conditions. What they tell you may not be what you want to hear but if the agent has documentation on market conditions, you better listen or your home will not sell.
Each agent you interview in a consulting situation will be asked to cover the following information:
1. Please present a specific marketing plan of what you are going to do to sell the house
2. What type of communication will you provide about showings on the home and what the
buyers thought about it?
3. What will the communication through the entire process be like? What can be expected?
4. Please provide an estimate of net proceeds if the home sold at your suggested price? Seller
will provide the loan balance.
5. Do you offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee?
6. What happens if you do not perform the plan you have outlined and don't call me about
showings or tell me about changes in the market?
7. Do you have a newsletter that goes out to potential past customers or potential buyers?
8. What will you do through the closing process?
9. Will you be willing to speak with my Real Estate consultant as the transaction unfolds?
10. How many listings do you have right now?
11. What type of advertising are you doing?
12. How do you prospect for buyers?
13. How many listings do you have in my price range... How many listings does your office have
in my price range?
14. Does your office do a tour of homes weekly?
15. Do you attend the local MLS marketing meeting?
16. What clubs or organizations do you belong to or participate in?
17. What additional education do you have above your State Licensing requirements?
18. Why do you think you can sell my home?
19. What types of social media do you use to market property?
20. What success have you experienced with social media and how can I connect with you?
21. How many Realtors do you actively engage with about Real Estate and on what consistent basis?
There are more questions to get into specifics of a transaction but this list can give you an idea of how a real estate agent is going to perform by their answers. Please understand, not every agent is going to be able to answer all the quesitons with the reponse you would like to hear.
Having testimony from past clients where you can call and chat would be one of the VERY most important aspects of the interview process.
Aggressive agents in today's real estate world will have web 2.0 websites with video of past clients, demonstration videos on the sales process, a blog where current information is being provided to the public about existing market conditions, area information and place where questions can be posted and answered concerning real estate.
Selling a home is a process, the same events take place in every single transaction. Selecting an agent who can walk you through each phase of the sale with setting expectations and having alternative plans is the one you want to connect with.
Where is your bar of expectation?
Helping connect the dots...in the Cosmic Cow Pie