We're all expecting a bombarded day in the beginning and then it starts to rain. Isn't it funny how, when it rains, the phone doesn't ring! Unexpected weather can turn an appointment filled, expected busy floor time schedule and planned open houses or broker opens into a dreadful wasted day. Client cancellations, no walk in customers or calls and no attendance at open houses. What do I do with all this "TIME". What's your Plan B?
Customize, Revitalize, Organize, Prioritize (CROP).
- Customize: to build, fit, or alter according to individual specifications.
- Revitalize: to give new life or vigor to.
- Organize: to arrange by systematic planning and united effort.
- Prioritize: to list or rate in order of priority.
Rainy days are awesome! They lend to uninterrupted thought!
WOW, at last a day where we can actually plan for the future (even if it's just for tomorrow), instead of hastily making one decision after another, one appointment back to back, one phone call after another.
Clear your mind, CROP, (if you will) all the other stuff out of the picture and take this "TIME" to benefit your business.
- Consider updating your photo, schedule an appointment to have it taken.
- What's your BRAND? Most Agents are too busy getting leads, returning emails, researching for Clients, etc... they never determined what area of focus or direction they want their business to take. Your specific niche area; waterfront, residential, commercial, Buyer Rep, Seller Rep, most Agents are all of the above. The successful agent specializes in one area or one niche. What's yours?
- Are your personal promotion items outdated? Do they need enhancement or a new look entirely?
- Order new yard signs, riders, take-one boxes, etc... Remember it's YOUR image. New is better than damaged, it presents the "I Care" attitude.
- Visit your own website as if you were a "Customer". Plug in all the questions, do a search, check on your SEO. View your website through "buyers eyes". We all know how hard it is for Sellers to see their home through "Buyers Eyes". Your website is your largest investment and a tool which needs to be revitalized, constantly.
- Brainstorm..... Come up with as many unique ideas as you can and write them down.
- Go through all the little notes you have neatly arranged in the pile called "I Need To Put These Leads In My Top Producer Database And Never Have". Now is a great time to put them in your database.
- Go through your entire database and delete duplicate leads.
- Organize your desk - Collect everything that belongs in your inbox, gather all loose papers & scribbled notes. File items away, discard items and create new files.
- Everyone knows how to prioritize, but take this time to rejuvinate some of the ideas you stored away for rainy days. Your "Brainstorm" ideas. Create an action plan and prioritize it. Figure out what steps need to be taken 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, etc... until the plan is complete. Schedule time for each step in the upcoming days.
Rainy days don't have to be a dreadful waste of time. Rainy days can be full of invention, creativity and self accomplishment. Don't waste the time, relish in it.