What's happening in Eugene, Oregon Today? Antiques Roadshow, that's what!
How much is that old crank telephone in your attic worth, anyway? You’ll soon find out, because Antiques Roadshow is in Eugene,Oregon, TODAY. All the Antiques Roadshow fun will be at the Lane Events Center!
Tickets are FREE but you had to apply to get them. The Eugene Oregon Antiques Roadshow segment will air sometime between January 2012 and June 2012, but no specific date has been set yet; Antiques Roadshow will announced the air date in September 2011.
Do I have to bring an item to be appraised, or can I just go to watch? You must have tickets for this Antiques Roadshow event, and, you must bring at least one item for appraisal. But, no more than two items for appraisal per ticket.
Can I bring my Great Great Grandfather Joe's gun to be appraised? Unfortunately, firearms are not allowed in this Antiques Roadshow event for appraisal. But I'm sure you have many other interesting antiques around the house you're curious about, right?
How can I be featured on Antiques Roadshow? According to Antiques Roadshow FAQ section, producers choose based on the item history, rarity, value and the guest story as well as the appraiser’s insights.
Little known facts about Antiques Roadshow (ARS):
- The BBC originally produced ARS which aired in the United Kingdom on February 18, 1979; it is still in production by the BBC
- ARS was a spin-off of a popular documentary about a London auction house which aired in 1977
- Multiple other countries have created their own versions of ARS: United States, Australia, Sweden, Canada, Finland and Netherlands for example
- The US version was created by the Public Broadcasting System in 1997, is produced in Boston, Massachusetts, and is currently in its 15th season
- ARS is so popular that the insurance company Geico created a commercial parody of ARS
- ARS has received 8 Emmy Award nominations
Hopefully you applied for tickets, were chosen, and are coming for the fun!!!
I'll be there at the 3pm session, so come find me and say hello!