Vacant homes are hard to sell. They present unique challenges for Homeowners and Realtors alike.
- Vacant homes holding costs are great due to repair bills, utility bills, landscape and pool maintenance.
- A vacant home is subject to unmitigated deterioration reducing property value and the opportunity for a good presentation.
- Issues may include: leaks, irrigation issues, loss of expensive landscaping and the breakdown of home systems such as HVAC and plumbing. These are common problems associated with vacant properties.
- Insurance rates can be as much as 7 times higher for a vacant home, if it is insurable at all.
- Vacant homes lack appeal from the curb and inside as well, they are often lifeless, dusty, dirty, smell stale and dead insects and rodents may be present.
- Potential buyers perceive a vacant home as a distress sale which invites low ball offers.
Consider using a Home Management Company to stage and manage your home while it is on the market. It is a trend sweeping the country and is widely agreed within the Real Estate industry that a well furnished and staged home will sell more quickly and at a higher price.
Other benefits of a home manager,
- Your property is always available to show to buyers, on very short notice, typically from 9am to 7pm 7 days a week to maximize exposure
- You don't have to worry about security issues or excess damage from unchecked system failures.
- Eliminate Unforeseen & Expenses - No more surprise "runaway" costs for damaged pipes, HVAC breakdowns, frozen plumbing, electrical breakdowns, water damage, etc. as common to vacant houses. Trained Home Managers take care of your home.
- Your property is furnished and decorated like a model to "wow" the broadest range of potential buyers, and stand out from the competition.
- Often NO COST to the Owner, Home Managers maintain, and monitor a home at show ready standards 24/7 and pay for all utilities, professional house cleaning, landscaping and pool maintenance.
Home Staging and Management is an interesting concept for owners of vacant homes who want to get top dollar for their home in a buyers market. I know of several homes in St. Augustine that have benefited from this type of program with VIP Staging and Home Management. In fact, they just placed a Home Manager in my listing at 356 Marsh Point Circle in Marsh Creek Country Club. I'm excited to help with the staging today and look forward to a contract soon!