Being that this is a special day, I wanted to give out praise for all of our troops that are both active and retired. We owe a debt of gratitude for protecting our freedom. Just taking a couple minutes out of the day lets us center ourselves on what is really important.
Here are a few ideas on how to celebrate the holiday:
1. Teach about the history of the holiday and the events leading up to it
2. Interview a veteran and write an editorial in a local paper
3. Look into the nation's reaction to the return of troops from various wars and see how we might learn lessons from that
4. Make thank you cards for veterans and send them out to those you know or to a local VA hospital
6. Invite veterans to speak at local schools, community centers, or churches