Are you thinking of installing a water well in Charlton, MA? This article is geared towards understanding Charlton, MA Board of Health Regulations. Understanding your town regulations can be instrumental in compiling total project costs when it comes to drilling a water well in Charlton, MA.
- Permit Info: Well Construction fee: N/A However, a notarized form and application must be submitted prior to construction.
- Well Location : A plot-plan must be sent in and approved by the board of health before well construction begins. Also a notarized application must be sent in
- Water Quality testing: Extensive Plus Radon
- Water Quantity testing : A 4 hour flow test must be completed with a town agent required. The report must then be submitted and approved by the board of health.
- Real Estate Transfer Requirements: Charlton currently has no requirements for real estate transfer’s. However we strongly recommend having the well tested before you buy to ensure that you are getting a safe, clean, and working well.
Wells on average in the Charlton, MA area are typically 300-400 feet deep. Casing typically runs around 40 feet depending on your well. Again, these numbers are just an average so your well could be shallower or deeper depending on the area.
For further information on the board of health regulations for Charlton, MA refer to their website @ http://www.townofcharlton.net/forms/BOH_DeclarationofRestrictions_wells.pdf
Written by: Sarah Thibaudeau. Assistant to Operations Manager.