Radon Gas

Home Inspector with A Buyer's Choice Home Inspections HRM-South Shore

Most people don't know where radon gas comes from or what effect it has on people's health.  Radon is a bi-product of uranium and enters a home through cracks in the foundation or unsealed openings.  Radon is odorless and cannot be seen.  It is only detectable by sophisticated test equipment. 

Radon is believed, by the scientific community, to cause lung cancer.  The higher the levels, the higher the risk.  The good news is there is remediation.  There are several ways to reduce or eliminate radon from your home.

If you suspect you may be at risk, get a radon test done as soon as possible.

Comments (2)

Charles Buell
Charles Buell Inspections Inc. - Seattle, WA
Seattle Home Inspector
Peter, I think there is still a fair amount of controversy in the "scientific community" regarding Radon.  Check out this link about the Facts and Myths of Radon. 
Jan 25, 2008 11:12 AM
Erik Vyndersnap
A Buyer's Choice Home Inspections HRM-South Shore - Bridgewater, NS
Von Erik

Thank you Charles for the link.  While there may still be some controversy, as there is with many things, I think it still prudent to be causious when it comes to Radon.  All experts never agree on anything but we are still able to make sound decisions when it comes to health.  Thanks again.  I enjoyed reading the article.

Jan 25, 2008 01:06 PM