With Christmas coming up next week the shopping scramble begins now! We all have some people on our lists that we are not sure what to get. These people may include babysitters, neighbors, postal workers, etc. Someone that you want to express gratitude towards during this holiday season, but also someone you might not have a lot budgeted for. What’s a weary, stressed shopper left to do? Make a gift! Now some of you might be rolling your eyes because you are not “crafty.” For this easy project you don’t have to be crafty or creative!
Supplies that you need…
1. Ceramic Mug- any color, white, black, red, etc…it just needs to be plain.
2. Ceramic Pen/Paint- you can buy these at a craft store, depending on how many colors or what you want to put on the mug, you may only need one color.
3. Hot Chocolate, Marshmallows, and a Candy Cane- You could use an individual pack of hot chocolate or use some scoops out of a canister. Marshmallows could be big or little. I would suggest using a large candy cane, but again, whatever you have on hand is fine, too.
4. Cellophane Wrap and Ribbon- You can buy cellophane at the Dollar Tree in a big roll, or you can buy individual bags at party stores. It all depends on how big your mug is.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Decorate your mug with a ceramic pen or paint. You can write something on it like a quote, saying, or simply “Merry Christmas.” If you feel real fancy you can buy a stencil and stencil around the mug.
2. Preheat your oven you 350 degrees Fahrenheit, place your mug on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Once the mug is cool, fill it with hot chocolate. If you use an individual packet, I would use more than one packet to put in the mug. Or if you choose to fill the mug with hot cocoa from a canister, fill the mug about ½- ¾ full. Place the candy cane off the side, and then top it off with marshmallows.
4. Wrap cellophane around the mug, or if you bought individual bags, place the mug in the bag. Tie the top off with a nice holiday ribbon, or even some red and green curling ribbon.
5. Attach a gift tag and voila! A simple, easy, and fun Christmas craft/gift!
Another idea is to have your kids decorate the mug for a grandparent or teacher gift. Happy Holidays!