I was getting coffee at Star Bucks, after ordering the server answered my order with "yes ma'am! It did not really register the first time, because "he could not be talking to me!"
Then he did it a second time, yep, it was me he was talking to. WOW, I guess I have moved up in the world I am a ma'am now. Hmmmmmmmm, I am 47 years old with a 17 and a 25 year old. I guess I do qualify for the ma'am status, I just did not think of myself this way.
I was not offended, but somewhat disappointed. Then I went through the stages of grief!
- Denial (this isn't happening to me!) -I am not a ma'am, I am still very young!
- Anger (why is this happening to me?) - Okay maybe I am older, when did this happen?
- Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...) - I am 47 years old but I look young, right?
- Depression (I don't care anymore) - bummer I am 47 and I look 47!
- Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes) - You know, I am happy I am 47; I wouldn't really want to turn back. I like where I am today!
It took about 30 minutes to get to Acceptance! So go ahead call me ma'am, I am now proud to be a ma'am! With age comes experience and with experience comes wisdom. I may be getting older and looking the part, but I am only getting smarter!
This wisdom I have acquired I can do good works with! I love my young 1st time home buyers and I can share what I know with them.
So now I love my MA'AM status!
CALL ME MA'AM!