Sell your home, be happy, and leave your stressors on the door step
By Larry Stoller
BEING PREPARED is the best way to reduce or eliminate the stress of selling your home.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to sell your home and get the price you want without your life being turned upside down? While there will always be uncertainties in life, and even some bumps along the FOR SALE - JUST SOLD road, preparedness will lessen and/or prevent those surprises and stressors.
Planning ahead begins with hiring the right real estate agent to work for you and with you! That experienced professional will assist you in: pricing your home, getting your home ready for sale, and guiding you through all the stages of successfully selling your home.
Here's a link for a FREE book to help you find your agent Right:
Here are some suggestions for preparing for the sale of your home:
1. Prepare yourself to sell your home – Carefully review all the reasons why you want to sell your home, to be sure that you really do want to sell. Then list your selling and buying or renting expectations. Interview a few agents and discuss your plans with them. If your expectations are too far apart and can’t come together, you may not be ready to sell.
2. Prepare to deal with changes – Selling your home can be very emotional, causing you worry about how your life will change when you leave one place and move to another. But change can be good, and you have the steering wheel, so discuss those changes, and how you will prepare yourself to embrace and enjoy them
3. Prepare your home to be marketed as a product – Sellers often need to de-clutter and remove personal items from the house (e.g., diplomas, photos, memorabilia, knick-knacks, furniture, furnishings, etc.). As this process is completed, it makes your home more appealing to prospective buyers. I would suggest that you use a home stager.
Here’s some additional thoughts about being stress-free while you are selling your home:
- Think about how care-free and enjoyable your new lifestyle in your new home will be.
- Think about how right-sizing will make your life easier so you can do things you like to do.
- Think about the future and imagine all the wonderful memories you will be making in your new home!