Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839 acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii. The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront homes to condos with sweeping ocean views.
The Mauna Kea Resort also offers its residents access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Terrace, Clambake and the Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar.
At the time of this writing (Feb 10th), there were 14 homes and 11 condos for sale in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 2 homes and 3 condos in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $11,900,000, and is located at 62-3692 Kiekiena Place in The Bluffs at Mauna Kea, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $4,250,000 and can be found at the Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #5B. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced house on the market is 62-3646 Moani Pikake Wy and is listed at $1,999,999. While the lowest priced condo currently for sale is listed at $824,000 and is in Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea, Unit #J4.
The volume of sales of single family homes in Mauna Kea Resort jumped dramatically in the 4th Quarter, with 11 homes, and 4 condos being sold during this time from October 2017 through December 2017. The highest priced home sold is located at 62-3908 Kaunaoa Iki Rd in the Kaunoao Subdivision, and sold for $6,900,000, from a list price of $7,295,000, while the lowest priced home sold for $1,399,000 from a list price of $1,699,000 and is Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #330. The highest priced condo sold in Mauna Kea Resort in Q4 went for $1,075,000, from a list price of $1,274,000 and is Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #G102, while the lowest priced condo to sell is in Kumulani at the Uplands of Mauna Kea, Unit I4, and had a sales price of $815,000, from a list price of $845,000.
Analysis: With the dramatic increase in homes sales in Q4, Mauna Kea Resort, like other areas of the Kohala Coast has gone from a Buyers’ Market to a Balanced Market. Although there is still some excess inventory in the condo market, single family home inventory has been reduced significantly.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Mahalo
Highlights of the 2017 Q4 Mauna Kea Resort Update
- Number of Homes currently for sale – 14
- Number of Homes currently in escrow - 2
- Number of Condos currently for sale – 11
- Number of Condos currently in escrow - 3
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $11,900,000 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl in The Bluffs of Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $4,250,000 Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #5B
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,999,999 62-3646 Moani Pikake Wy, Maona Heights
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $824,000 Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea #J4
- Number of homes sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 11
- Number of Condos sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 4
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – $6,900,000 62-3908 Kaunaoa Iki Rd, Kaunaoa Subdivision
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $1,075,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #G102
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 – $1,399,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #330
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $812,500 Kumulani at the The Uplands #C1
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Real Estate Market Year in Review 2017.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates