5 Easy-To-Follow Habits to Keep Your Home Neat and Tidy

By
Real Estate Agent with Coming service

Keeping your house neat and tidy at all times, can be a lot stressful for many. If you think this is going to take a lot of your time, think again. All that you need to do is develop a few good habits that you will follow instinctively. Once you do this, cleaning your home will be easy and quick.

Here are a few things you need to start doing:

#1. Make your Bed the Moment You Wake Up

Making your bed should be the way you start your day. Try and simplify your bedding if this is taking too much time. Use just a duvet and a washable cover and do away with the top sheet. If you don’t want to do that, cut down on the number of pillows. You can use a large duvet or comforter instead.

#2. Put one load of laundry first thing in the morning

This totally depends on how much of laundry you do per week. If you are doing 7 loads, it would be better to divide it into 7 days. If you don’t have time to dry the clothes in the morning, you can put your machine on delay. In case your washing machine doesn’t have this feature, you can just put the load and turn it on whenever you have time.

#3. Try not to be a perfectionist

Being a perfectionist would mean setting really high expectations for yourself. This can be very hard to live up to. You need to be satisfied with keeping your house relatively neat and tidy. Even if it is not 100 percent you should be happy with 80 percent. No one will probably even notice the other 20 percent anyway. Of course, that 20 percent is essential but you can keep it for deep cleaning instead of regular cleaning.

#4. Prioritize your cleaning tasks

Not every cleaning task is highly important. Make a list of the home cleaning tasks that you need to do and sort them out as per their urgency. Set 2 or 3 cleaning goals as per the time available and complete them before you take on other things. This will make you stay focused.

#5. Involve your family members

You might find it easier to do everything by yourself; but there is a limit to how much you can do. Every family member should take responsibility of keeping the house clean and tidy. Set rules for family members to follow and divide chores among them as per their ability. You can even reward them for completing chores neatly. Eventually they will start doing these on their own without any reminders.

Pets can make it even more difficult to keep your house clean and tidy. If your dog is affected by fleas there is no telling how much damage he can do. Check out some of the best flea products before you start any kind of cleaning.

A 15-minute clean up should be a part of your schedule every night. Set your timer and make sure you clean up your kitchen, put away laundry, and clear away the clutter within that time. Have a list of must-dos before going to bed. Stock up your cleaning supplies to make your life easy. This will reduce the frequency of your deep cleaning.

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Sales and Marketing

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
116,114

Richa Nayyar

Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention