Keeping up with maintenance can help retain your home's value and avoid costly and unexpected repairs.
Here are a few tips to keep your home in great shape
* check that attic or roof space after major storms or heavy rains for leakage or water damage.
* Direct downspouts away from your home to minimize water damage to the foundation. Remove leaves and other debris from gutters and downspouts to avoid overflow and poor drainage.
* Fill small cracks in the sidewalks and driveway to prevent erosion and keep water out.
* Check the exterior including siding, windows and doors for cracked, deteriorated wood,peeling paint or other damage. Replace weather stripping and re-caulk where necessary.
*Fix any water leaks and drips immediatley. Leaky toilets or faucets can waste 10 - 20 gallons of water a day.
* Have your furnace and air conditioners checked annually to be sure they are running efficently. Replace filters in your heating/cooling system monthly.
* Drain water from your water heater every 6 months to remove sediment that could damage the unit.
For more home maintenance tips, check out our website at: www.DebWilsonHomes.com
Deb Wilson, Realtor
Crye Leike Realtors
2204 D Madison St
Clarksville, TN 37043
931-648-2112 or 931-206-8551