This post is a weekly update to the August 1, 2009 list. Please scroll down to the 8/1/09 list for a complete list of Kauai Hawaii Foreclosure & REO list.
New Upcoming Kauai REO’s:
#1. 3599 Horita Rd, Lawai. This is a 4 bedroom 2 bath home at the end of the cul-de-sac on Horita Road. The yard is not yet mowed but the house is in good condition. The original lender on this home was Fremont. Coming up soon. (not on the Kauai MLS yet)
#2. Two new Hale Lani condos at Puhi (with other brokers) (not on the Kauai MLS yet)
- Z-104, A 2 bedroom 2 bath recently upgraded unit. Fannie mae REO
- W-103, A 2 bedroom 2 bath with yard. US bank
New Listings: 1. 4524 Lae Rd. Kalaheo, 3 bedroom 2 bath home. $330,000. Owned by Aurora Loan Services. MLS# forthcoming. In Escrow:
- 5358 Kula Mau’u St. 3/2 home. Listed for $316,900. An IngyMac REO.
- 5625 Kula Mau’u St. 5/4 home. Listed for &360,000. An IndyMac REO.
- Kamahana #4. 2/2 condo in Princeville. Listed $289,900 sold $276,000 cash 8/12/2009. A Countrywide/BOA REO.
- 3834 Koula Rd, Hanapepe. 2 old homes. Listed $323,730 sold $330,000 cash 8/13/2009.
- 2302 Liliuokalani, Kilauea. 3/1.5 home. Listed $314,900 sold $362,500. CNV 8/7/2009. A Freddie Mac REO
Off the Market:
- 4754 Kalamania #B, Kilauea. 1/1 bath home on 1.98 acres. I believe this went to auction.
- 3868 Olona St, Koloa. Temporarily of the market it was left stripped. MLS# 225954.
Price Reductions: 1. Kahala At Poipu Kai #113. This is a 1 bedroom 1 bath condo for $329,900. MLS#225425 Just a few tips on this post. Buying REO properties are different then buying Kauai real estate from a private owner using the Hawaii state standard Purchase Contract. Prices on Kauai REO properties are usually much cheaper but inspection periods are shorter and you are buying the property "AS IS". Termite inspections and staking should be done as part of the buyers inspections if you think their is going to be an issue with these items. Your financing should be in order as their is usually an PER DIEM fee for extensions. But at least buying a Hawaii REO has many more safety precautions then buying Hawaii Foreclosures on the courthouse steps. You probably don't want to buy an occupied property at a Hawaii foreclosure auction. Evictions are long and costly and you may up with a stripped home. Using a Realtor on a listed home will insure some protection. Happy Hunting.
All available properties with MLS numbers can be plugged into my website at www.kauaidreams.com for more info and pictures. Or feel free to call or email me at email@example.com with any questions you might have or an appointment to see these properties. ALOHA JULIE