Sunday Visitor...Hummingbirds Anchor Point Alaska
Isn't it amazing that a creature this small can come all the way from Mexico to Alaska
Visit for a couple of days and then fly back?
This little Humming Bird was here at my home this weekend....
Fun Facts about hummingbirds according to http://www.wbu.com/education/hummingbirds.html
• They do perch.
• They have very weak feet and do not use them for transportation
.• They fly forward, backward, shift sideways, stop in midair.
• They can beat their wings 60 to 200 times per second.
• They lap nectar with their tongues.
• They can fly up to 60 miles per hour.
• They can live 5-6 years in the wild.
• They are the smallest bird in the world.
• They consume, on average, half their weight in sugar each day.