Spring is the perfect time to rearrange, throw away, donate, store or sell items in your home, creating an uncluttered, healthier environment for your family.
Here are 7 key tips for better Spring cleaning:
1) Make it an event! Get the whole family involved and put it on the calendar, and make it happen!
2) Don't be scared to throw things away! If you can't or don't want to use something anymore and it has no worth then consider "filing it in the circular bin," in other words - trash it.
3) Have a plan and make a checklist. They say when a task is written down it gets done. You might want to write that down!
4) Do good by donating gently used items. Do you really need six of those coats?
5) Take advantage of storage and reduce stress. Undecided about that couch or exercise bike? That's ok. Store it in a Pack-Rat unit. Declutter now and decide the fate of that couch later.
6) Touch it once. If it's trash, toss it or shred it. Gonna use it? Put it in its place. Valuable or special but not
for everyday use? Put it in the storage unit.
7) Provide one color-coded tote or box per family member for their "hands-off" items. Everything else is fair game!
Spring cleaning storage doesn't have to be stressful. We guarantee it.