Improper Chimney Flashing | Home Inspections Seattle-Bellevue-Everett
- Washington State Inspector License 619
- WSDA Structural Pest Inspector license 79988
- Over 25 years new home construction experience
- Custom Reports including digital and infrared images
- Weekend appointments available
Improper Chimney Flashing
Improper chimney flashing as shown in the image above can result in wood rot, mold, and drywall damage to the Living spaces below.
It is obvious the either the owner or a contractor attempted to fix the flashing by applying caulking to try to hold the flashing to the masonry.
In my Home Inspection report, I recommended that the flashing by properly installed by a masonry contractor.