It’s true – Antiques Roadshow is coming to Eugene, Oregon!
How much is that old crank telephone in your attic worth, anyway? You’ll soon find out, because Antiques Roadshow is coming to Eugene, Oregon!
The popular Antiques Roadshow will be in Eugene on June 4, 2011. Tickets are FREE and limited to two per household; click here to apply. Deadline for the much wanted Antiques Roadshow tickets is April 18th at 11:59PM EST, so don’t delay. Tickets are limited and the lucky winners are selected at random.
How many items can I bring to Antiques Roadshow for appraisal? Having tickets to Antiques Roadshow allows you to bring two items for appraisal. According to Antiques Roadshow homepage they generally see over 10,000 objects, and then narrow it down to roughly 80 objects for the episode.
How can I be featured on Antiques Roadshow? According to Antiques Roadshow FAQ section, producers choose based on the item history, rarity, value and the guest story as well as the appraiser’s insights.
Little known facts about Antiques Roadshow (ARS):
- The BBC originally produced ARS which aired in the United Kingdom on February 18, 1979; it is still in production by the BBC
- ARS was a spin-off of a popular documentary about a London auction house which aired in 1977
- Multiple other countries have created their own versions of ARS: United States, Australia, Sweden, Canada, Finland and Netherlands for example
- The US version was created by the Public Broadcasting System in 1997, is produced in Boston, Massachusetts, and is currently in its 15th season
- ARS is so popular that the insurance company Geico created a commercial parody of ARS
- ARS has received 8 Emmy Award nominations
So if you are a fan of Antiques Roadshow, apply for tickets, clean out your closet, look in the attic, and dig deep into Aunt Maude’s old steamer chest from the 19th century, and have a good time!