Top 5 things to do to get your house ready to sell.
Selling your home these days can be difficult but not impossible. Preparing your home for sale can make your house ready to give a buyer a great first impressive when viewing your property. These are the top 5 things to do prior to having somebody coming over to view your property. Remember, you only get one first impression.
1. Paint- this is one of the least expensive things to do. A fresh coat of paint will not only make the house look better, it will also help make the home smell like a newer home. When picking a paint, don't select a bright bold color. Conversly, don't use white. White can make the house too antiseptic. Select a neutral color that will appeal to a large group of people.
2. Check your landscaping in the front of the house. Make the house appealing when the buyer drives up. Remember first impressions. Large over grown bushes can give the impression that the home is not well maintained. In addition, if you have large trees and they have not been trimmed in the last 3-5 years have them trimed.
3. Clean. This is the most important item. It includes inside and out. Included in this is getting rid of clutter.
4. Replace light bulbs using higher watt bulbs.
5. Fix everything that is broken that a buyer will see. For example, dripping faucets, doors that stick, cracked windows etc.