I just had this conversation with a client.... that knew better. :)
I am going to blog my own list of things not to do for loan purposes during escrow to add on to this!
Really?! As my husband says, common sense is not common.... Ok - maybe it is- but we sure get a case of dead brain now and then don't we?! I sure wish I was immune to dead brain myself... :)
I read a great featured post today by Mike Cooper: Somebody Broke In and Painted My Listing!! Maybe you read it too? About a buyer whose agent gave them permission to go ahead and start painting before the close? Wow! Trouble is, that I've had these clients...have you? It brought back memories and I realized I had quite a list of things I didn't think I needed to tell clients....but did.
- Do not make repairs to a home you do not own yet
- Do not remove the sink in the guest bathroom before you move because "you really like it"
- Do not call the buyers and invite them for dinner before the close...where you talk about the problems you've had with the neighbor's kids
- Do not go out-of-town during the last week of escrow and forget to leave a key
- Do not move out and allow your nephew and his friends to "use" the place until the close
- Do not leave a pit bull in the house for showing (oh, he's friendly)
- Do not tell the sellers that you would do "anything" to live in that neighborhood
- Do not bring your dog to showings
- Do not let yourself into a home and show it to your mom
- Do not have a pool party in a vacant home because it's "almost yours" (yep, a listing of mine the buyers had a pool party the weekend before we closed)
These seem like things you would not need to tell someone....but as I keep learning, you never know what people will do.
The Fiddler Realty Team/eVantage Real Estate
Lic # 01494165
Serving all of Orange County, California Real Estate!
Buyer's Agents, Listing Agents, Short Sales, REOs, Equity Sales, Investors
SEARCH THE MLS HERE