I was reading an article in one of our local newspapers here in Hollister regarding some very positive signs in agriculture….said to be our “Cash Cow” so to speak. With precipitation levels up (almost 10%) this past winter and spring, the harvesting for some crops - such as our famous apricots - was delayed for seven to 10 days. Another fruit crop, cherries, absorbed some damage this year due to the cooler spring as well. Overall, it has been a relatively successful season for the agriculture industry so far in San Benito County.
Some current numbers for the Hollister area... once again, it's our interpretation of what the market is really doing and where it's heading.
More Real Estate and Less Hype
- 41 Single family homes currently listed as bank owned
- 162 Single family homes currently listed as short sales
- 69 Single family homes are currently overpriced
- 49 Single family homes sold in the past 90 days
- 180 Single family homes in escrow (117 short sales)
- 317 Single family homes listed for sale
- 241 Total homes in foreclosure
- $260,000 Median sale price for single family homes in past 90 days
Patrick Virgilio CDPE, GRI, CRS, ABR, SRES, E-PRO, DREO
Broker, DRE# 01305252
"Start Searching for Your Next Home Now!" www.HollisterPropertyNetwork.com
Office: 831.636.0477 ~ Cell: 408.568.6578