A Light Pull-Over Jacket
With fall beginning, winter is just right around the corner and with winter comes higher energy bills and cold days making us Texans reach for a blanket. Make this winter easier on your wallet and start winterizing your home while it is still nice outside.
Here are some things to think about when taking a break from raking the leaves in your yard.
1. Have your furnace inspected.
2. Get your fireplace ready.
3. Check the stripping on your doors and windows and make sure no air will get in or escape.
4. Inspect gutters and roof.
5. Make sure your summer equipment (lawn mowers) are dry and in storage.
6. Check your foundation.
7. Check smoke detectors and replace batteries
8. Insulate all water spouts and locate water main if in need of shutting it off.
9. Trim trees and manage your landscaping.
10. Be sure to have an emergency care box in case of power outages or water freezing.