Look through my 2011 of blogging, I think 2012 we will definitely implement more video blogs posts mix with photos and written posts. Through all the posts I have done this year, I thought I can share some tips that I thought it may be helpful.
1) If you don't have any fancy camera equipment, that is ok, maybe invest a SONY Flip Camera - For $200 (some other websites may be cheaper), you can take High definition videos of your listings, yourself introducing the listings, or sit infront of the laptop and record few minutes of your market report.
2) No script needed, really...! Have some ideas of what you want to say, maybe jog down some bullet points but not necessary the full script. Buyers or Sellers rather have you be yourself than reading off a full written script and you are messing up on it.
3) No one is going to see that extra pimple or wrinkle that you want to hide! If you do three takes, that is plenty, pick one of those three takes! It is unneccessary to take 10 videos or more, the idea is to do short informative videos and post them! You will get better and be more comfortable at it.
4) Have fun with yourself. Start taking videos of random things and experiment. Don't be afraid to make a mistake. It is ok to be a perfectionist, but we all know that no one is perfect!
5) Join the Active Rain group VIDEO BLOG EXPRESSION and post your video blogs there. (http://activerain.com/groups/VideoBlogs)