In 1983, the Legislature created the VLB Veterans Housing Assistance Program to assist Texas veterans in purchasing a home. Through this program, eligible Texas veterans have an opportunity to purchase a home with an unbeatable, low-interest loan with little or no money down.
A VLB Home Loan may be used to purchase a home that meets these requirements:
- Must be the veteran’s primary residence
- Must be located in Texas
- Must be a single family attached or detached home, town home, condominium or planned unit development.
- Duplexes or other multi-family units must have been constructed at least five years prior to the closing date of the loan.
- Manufactured / modular homes may be eligible. Contact the VLB to confirm.
- All new construction homes must meet the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) guidelines for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, and must be ENERGY STAR® labeled and certified.
Texas veterans must find a lender participating in the Veterans Housing Assistance Program (VHAP), and request a Texas Veterans Home Loan application to start the process. Once the application has been completed, it must be returned to the lender. Daryl Mitchell with Legacy Mutual Mortgage is your Texas Vet Specialist and can walk you through an often complicated process with no worries.
The veteran must occupy the home within 60 days after the closing of the loan, and the home must remain the veteran's primary residence for at least three years.
Today you can get a 30 year mortgage rate of 3.8% on a 30 year mortgage (apr 4.213%) or with a 30% disability recieve an additional 05% discount for a 3.3% rate on a 30 year mortgage (apr 3.86%).
Call Daryl Mitchell now to apply at 210-326-5545!
Daryl Mitchell Legacy Mutual Mortgage NMLS 221138
2526 N Loop 1604 W Ste 150
San Antonio Tx 78248
Certain conditions and restrictions may apply call for more details.