Why people are moving to Rockingham , NC from all over the country. Here is some good information that will help you see why!
Affordable housing is the #1 reason. I have spoken with people and worked with clients who have purchased homes in our area from New York State, Florida, Georgia and out West. Whether they were looking for a primary residence or a second home, they have all cited the lower home prices as well as the great Southern weather!
Richmond County is Home of the following:
- ‘The Rock', a nationally know NASCAR/ARCA track and the Drag Strip which frequently hosts events.
- The Richmond Raiders' - Exciting high school football, baseball, etc. sporting program usually in the running for the NC State Championship.
- Richmond Pines Golf Course and Lock Haven Golf Course.
Interesting Facts about Richmond CO :
- Historic district with nice 12' ceiling homes built at the turn of the century that you can get for a real value.
- Warm climate, light traffic, friendly people in rolling hills with four seasons and an occasional snow!
- Nice hospital and fitness center. Rockingham has just completed a nice nature trail with the Rotary Lodge at Hinson Lake for walks, picnics, etc.
- Senior center overlooking park and lake in Hamlet with lots of activities.
Driving Distances from Rockingham:
- Only 30 minutes from Pinehurst! Home of the 1999 and 2006 US Opens!
- Only 1.5 hours for Raleigh and you can get to Charlotte in 1 hour if you time it right!
- Only 1 hour from Asheville with the Asheville Zoo and Seagrove Pottery-over 100 potters.
- Only 2 hours from Wilmington and the NC Coast!
- Only 2 hours from Myrtle Beach with 100+ golf courses, live entertainment, beaches, amusement parks, etc.
Links of interest for Rockingham:
Call me if you if you have a client or if you are thinking about making Rockingham your next home! I will work hard for any referral you send me.
Amy H. Guinn, ABR, GRI
RE/MAX TriCity Realty, Rockingham , NC