Waht do I bring to the Closing of my New House?

Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams 200600737, 676502078

Ever had this question? Realtors, Lenders - Ever NOT have this question and at closing you have a buyer with a check from their check book?

In order to prevent any closing delays, always  bring the following with you to the title company or closing site:

• All documents required by your lender. If there are any documents that your lender asked you to bring that are originals. Most of the time this is handled prior to closing. Some items might be a registered land cert or a original Power or Attorney, etc.

• Valid photo ID for all parties involved (Must be a U.S. drivers license, U.S. ID card, or U.S./Foreign Passport.) Cannot close without this!!!!

• Any monies required at closing needs to be a certified or cashiers check for the amount. Make the check payable to the title company or to yourself. Usually if the amount is under $1000 they will take a personal check, but don't take the chance...

• Bring your spouse or a power of attorney to sign for them. Let the lender and title company know ahead of time that you will be closing by Power of Attorney.

You are on your way!!!! Oh and stretch that hand out...there will be some signing!!! :)

Make it a great day today!!!



Posted by

Deborah Long



Comments (0)