Spring is just around the corner. Are you looking to sell your home? Then these 5 easy step will help you get started.
1. Clean it. Make sure your home is clean. Not just the surfaces but all the hidden places. Buyers do check out all
the areas in your home so don't assume they won't see it.
2. Deodorize it. Now that your home is clean, does it smell clean? Pets and cooking odor can linger, so make sure it
can passes the "sniff test".
3. Fix it. Do you have cracked ceilings? Cracked tiles? Leaking faucets? Make sure you address these issues. If not,
buyers will interpret this as a home that's been neglected!! This in turn will low-ball their offer!! They'll even walk away
thinking too much work needs to be done. Don't let this happen to you.
4. Maximize it. Square footage sells. Is your home too cramped with furniture? A good rule of thumb, eliminate about 50%
of non-essentials from your home. Don't forget to check you closets. Buyers will look for storage space. My rule;
nothing on the floor!!
5. Decorate it. Ok now that you've done the first 4 steps, it's time to decorate it. Buyers fall in love with a home that has
a warm and welcoming feel to it. This is not about decorating to your taste! Remember to keep it simple. Check out
magazines and home stores to get inspirations. If you find it difficult to do, hire a home stager. It's well-worth the cost!!
Back in the days, selling a home used to be easy. Call the realtor, research the competition and put a "For Sale" sign on your lawn. Not anymore. Buyers have become savvy.HGTV has educated buyers. They want a move-in-ready home. If you don't prep your home before you put it on the market, I guarantee you are just helping your competitors sell theirs!! Just think of it like detailing your car!! Consider hiring a home stager. A professional will give you an unbiased opinion of what needs to be addressed!!