City of Centerville Ohio:
I call the City of Centerville / Washington Township home. My wife was raised here and graduated from Centerville High
School. Our daughter attends the Centerville schools system and love it. Why do we love Centerville? There is so much to offer... Fine dining, spacious parks, award winning schools, cultural events and easy access to Cincinnati, Columbus and or course the surrounding communities in the greater Dayton Ohio area. You get all the "big city" convenience and a "small town" atmosphere.
Highlights of what Centerville / Washington Township have to offer:
- Beautiful downtown center featuring many unique speciality shops and dining, all set amid Ohio's largest collection of early stone buildings.
- 43 parks, nature programs and green space of over 900 acres inviting you and your family to enjoy and explore.
- The Golf Club at Yankee Trace is rates on the the top 10 municipal course's in America by Golf Digest and is right here for you to enjoy... featuring 27 challenging holes and a nicely appointed club house complete with dining and banquet facilities.
- Centerville Ohio / Washington Township public recreations center is great for all ages and offers two pools, indoor running track, climbing wall, racquetball courts and three gyms. You will also find camps, classes and many sports leagues...
- Centerville Ohio entertainment comes to life with summer concerts, holiday events, live theater, historical celebrations, fine arts markets and the very popular Fourth of July Festival...
- Centerville Ohio also offers nationally randed and accredited police and fire departments committed to your safety!
- Centerville Ohio has a population of 23,046 people as of 2007.
- The population of Centerville Ohio has grown .10% since 2000.
- The median home in Centerville Ohio costs $224,000.
- The cost of living in Centerville Ohio vs the US average is 12.30% LESS expensive.
- The median age is 43.5 vs the US median age of 37.6 years old.
- 60.65% of people in Centerville are married, with 10.09% divorced.
- The average Centerville household size is 2.21 people with 20.60% married with children and 5.84% unmarried with children.
- The unemployment rate of Centerville Ohio is 5.80% vs the US average of 4.60%
- Job growth for Centerville has been positive, while slow at .68%.
- The racial profile of Centerville Ohio is 91.52% white, 3.30% black, 3.97% Asian, .14% native American, 1.13% Hispanic and 1.58% claim other.
For more in-depth information Click Here
Want more information on ALL Dayton Ohio Communities, Great info on every area community.