When I read the blog by Wayne and Jean, I noticed that the five steps in selling a home spelled out the word PRIDE. Such an easy way to remember the steps. I re-blogged it to share this with more readers. Read about the 5 steps in the message below. PRIDE in Selling a Home!
Once you've made the decision to sell your home, there are 5 steps you need to make before you put your home on the market.
- Pick - Interview real estate agents. Most sellers hire the first agent they interview, while others continue looking. You want to choose an agent with a vibrant marketing plan that you trust.
- Repair - Make any necessary repairs in your home before you list it! Things like leaky roofs, dead light bulbs, and broken windows need to be in working condition before you show your home.
- Improve - Depending on your time frame and budget, make home improvements that will increase the value of your home. There are some home improvements - like a new front door, for example - that will help to sell your home faster and will increase the price you get for your home.
- Declutter - Throw away, or store, anything and everything that you absolutely don't need. The more stuff in your home, the less likely it will sell. Consider staging your home to eliminate rooms that are confusing (a bedroom being used as an office, for example).
- Educate yourself. Here is a link to a free video called"Preparing your home to sell." It's filled with information that can help you make decisions about what to do. Research market conditions in your neighborhood so that you can make an intelligent decision about pricing your home.
When you sell your home, be sure you tell everyone that you sold it with PRIDE!
~ Wayne & Jean
Union County, NJ - a great place to live and work!
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers' clients. We cooperate with them fully.