Purcellville VA Homes For Sale
By Gene Mock, Associate Broker, Premier Team, Keller Williams Realty 703-342-8100
Before we begin our home search in Purcellville VA, let's get acquainted with Purcellville, an historic town nestled in the heart of DC's Wine Country:
The “Village of Purcell Store”, named for the area’s first postmaster, was initially settled in 1764. The village was located along a road that today would be considered little more than an ox cart path.
In 1832 the road was expanded and built into a historic turnpike that became known as The Great Road. On July 9, 1852 the Village was officially renamed "Purcellville" and 56 years later in 1908 the Town of Purcellville was incorporated by an Act of the General Assembly.
That's why today many of the older structures remaining in Purcellville reflect the Victorian architecture popular during the turn-of-the-century period.
Living in Purcellville VA
Purceville VA has the perfect combination of historic charm and modern amenities found in the heart of Loudoun County:
- Numerous award-winning wineries within minutes of the Historic Old Town area
- Loudoun Visitors Center– a new tasting room at the Train Station
- The first legal distillery in the County since before
- Prohibition located in the historic area
- Weekend Farmers Market & Pick Your Own
- Great restaurants located throughout the town
- Visit shoppurcellville.org for discounts
- Historic Old Town 21st and all along Main Street – eclectic boutiques, antiques, specialty foods, clothing, decor, and unusual finds
- W&OD Trail for biking, walking & horseback riding
- Picnics & nature trails
- Hiking the Appalachian Trail at Bears Den
- Swimming, tennis, fishing, & trail at Franklin Park
Baseball & football games at Fireman’s Field
Especially For Kids
- Tour Purcellville’s Fire & Rescue Center
- Playground & picnicing at the Community Center
- Ice Cream, soft-serve & frozen yogurt shops
- Public library offers free wi-fi and computers
- Roller Skating at Bush Tabernacle
- Performing arts at Franklin Park
Studying in Purcellville VA
The town's educational opportunities are numerous. See more information about schools in Purcellville VA HERE.
Working in Purcellville VA
Variety of employment opportunities await the residents in Purcellville. See more information about jobs and work in Purcellville VA HERE.
If Purcellville VA sounds appealing to you as a place to settle down, here are some great Purcellville VA Homes For Sale :
Find an expert real estate professional to guide you through the buying or selling process. Gene Mock, Associate Broker, Premier Team, Keller Williams Realty 703-342-8100 is a native Virginian who has dedicated himself to serving you, his client, with the utmost respect and awareness of your individual needs. His business acumen and deep knowledge of the real estate markets in Purcellville, Loudoun County and Northern VA are at your disposal!
Call or Text GENE MOCK @703.342.8100 or contact GENE HERE.
You'll be glad you did!
PURCELLVILLE VA HOMES FOR SALE
Premier Team ~ Keller Williams Realty ~ Google Maps