A recent report indicated that Tampa is the 7th best city in the country for renters on the move. With a vacancy rate of 13%, there are plentiful opportunities to make this great city a place to call “home.” With the increasing demand for residential construction, it is apparent that more people are choosing Tampa as their permanent location of residence. Here are 10 reasons why Tampa is so loved by both residents and visitors:
1. Beaches – Within close proximity, you have access to some of the world’s top-rated beaches. Fort DeSoto Park was recently named America’s “Best Family Beach” by USA Today. Clearwater Beach was also named by USA Today as the “Best Beach Town” in January of last year. And if you’re looking for a bit of privacy, take a ferry to the Caladesi Island State park and enjoy the sandy shores of this barrier island.
2. Theme Parks – Busch Gardens provides fun for the whole family with some of Florida’s greatest roller coasters, rides, attractions and shows. Adventure Island is right next door with some fun in the sun and water-soaked excitement.
3. Professional Sports – Between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Rays, and Tampa Bay Lightning, there is no shortage of sporting events to enjoy with friends and family. Spring Training is all around us.
4. Exotic Wildlife – Between the Lowery Park Zoo, the Florida Aquarium, and the exhibits at Busch Gardens, animal lovers can see their favorite wildlife all year-round.
5. Education – Between the University of Tampa and the University of South Florida, your thirst for continued education can always be quenched. USF is ranked in the Top 10 Universities worldwide for U.S. granted patents. In the May 2014 graduation ceremonies, USF awarded a record breaking 6,431 degrees to professionals that will soon be added to the experienced Tampa and national workforce.
6. Major Conventions – Enjoy the meeting rooms, trade shows, and exhibitions from across the world offered by the Tampa Bay Convention Center. The nearby hotels, restaurants and nightlife will ensure you have a wonderful event experience.
7. International Events – The most recent excitement in Tampa emerged from hosting the International Indian Film Academy Awards. Tampa was selected primarily because IIFA representatives said its residents were the “greatest of hosts.” As a result, nearly 30,000 attendees brought in an economic impact of approximately $56 million to Tampa in one weekend.
8. Tampa International Airport – Just 6 miles away from Downtown Tampa, this airport allows for world explorers and business professionals to travel to any destination they desire with ease.
9. Convenient Location – Orlando can be reached just one hour, and offers its own selection of attractions theme parks, shows, and its greatest landmark, Disney World. Many other great Florida cities are also just a short drive away.
10. Weather – Melt away the cold winters in Tampa with its average 361 days of sunshine each year.
Tampa was also just ranked as the best Florida city for starting a career, based on entry-level jobs per capita, median starting salary, and 16 additional metrics. These are just some of Tampa’s great offerings. Create your own list by visiting Tampa Bay today.