Independence Day Celebrations
in Central Virginia
brought to you by Ann Mullikin of Exit First Realty
- § Thursday, July 3rd • 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- § Blue Bee Cider • 212 W. 6th Street
- § FREE admittance
- § Friday, July 4th • 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.http://www.lewisginter.org/events/event_detail.php?event_id=1095
- § 1800 Lakeside Avenue
- § Enjoy a day at Lewis Ginter FREE.
- § Various events in the Children’s Garden from 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- § Friday, July 4th • 3:00 PM.
- § Hardywood Craft Brewery • 2408 Ownby Lane.
- § Beer tickets $6. Join a dozen food carts and five local bands for an afternoon of fun leading up to fireworks at the nearby Diamond in the evening.
- § Friday, July 4th • 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- § Meadow Farm Museum • 3400 Mountain Road • Glen Allen
- § Go old-school with a recitation of the Declaration of Independence plus drum-and-fife accompaniment. Live music and contests.
- § FREE
- § Friday, July 4th • 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- § VMFA • 200 N. Boulevard
- § Listen to local trio Fado Nosso perform traditional & modern blues music of Portugal.
- § FREE
- § Friday, July 4th • 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- § Valentine History Center • 1015 E. Clay Street
- § Avoid the heat and get to know RVA better in the comfort of a bus. Space is limited, so make your reservations ASAP.
- § $25 per person ($20 for History Center members)
- § Friday, July 4th • 1:15 – 3:00 PM
- § St. John’s Church • 2401 E. Broad Street
- § Take a trip back to 1775 to visit the Second Virginia Convention where Patrick Henry gave his famous “Give me liberty or give me death!” speech. Hang around after the proceedings and get your picture taken with Henry, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington.
- § FREE ($5 suggested donation)
§ Friday, July 4th • 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- § Pamplin Historical Park • 6125 Boydton Plan Road • Petersburg
- § Head to the Dinwiddie park to hear a cannon firing. Demonstration begins at 1:00 p.m.; the Park is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with regularly scheduled tours and demos.
- § FREE with park admission ($7.50 – $12.50)
- § Friday, July 4th • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. James River Cellars moves its Sunday in the Shade event to Friday to celebrate The Fourth.
- § James River Cellars Winery • 11008 Washington Highway • Glen Allen
- § Regular tasting fees
- § Friday, July 4th & Saturday, July 5th. Fireworks on both nights
- § The Diamond
- § Tickets $7 – $11
- § Friday, July 4th – Saturday, July 5th
- § Kings Dominion • 16000 Theme Park Way • Doswell, VA
- § FREE admission to active, inactive, and retired service members with valid ID
- §July 3rd 6:30 pm http://www.genworth.com/concert
- §Concert with the United States Air Force Heritage of America Band with fireworks after
- §6620 West Broad Street
- §FREE (no pets).
COLONIAL HEIGHTS FIREWORKS
- §July 4th 9:00 pm. Southgate Square/Wal-Mart area.
- §Best viewing spots will be K-Mart and Wal-Mart parking lots. Bring blankets and/or lawn chairs
BRANDERMILL 7.4K FOURTH OF JULY RUN
- July 4th 7:30 am. Clover Hill High School at 13301 Kelly Green Drive
- Have fun and help raise money for the American Cancer Society.
- §Registration required. See site.
RVA FIREWORKS ON THE JAMES
- §Brown’s Island July 3rd beginning at 7:30pm.
- §Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra plays with performers from SPARC and the Richmond Ballet.
- §Fireworks begin at 9:30pm
ASHLAND 4TH OF JULY PARADE
- §July 4th, 11:00 am.
- §Parade begins at Henry Clay School and ends at Hanover Arts & Activities Center.
- §Patriotic concert follows at 11:30 am.
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY 4th OF JULY CELEBRATION
- §July 4th 5:00 – 10:00 pm. Chesterfield County Fairgrounds
- §Childrens activities, special entertainment and fireworks at dark.
DOGWOOD DELL 4th OF JULY CELEBRATION
- §July 4th 5:30 – 9:30pm, Dogwood Dell at 1300 Blanton Ave
- §Susan Greenbaum, Larry Robinson on the Carillon Bells and the Richmond Concert Band
- §Fireworks at dusk.
GOOCHLAND COUNTY FIREWORKS
- §July 4th 9:00 – 10:00 pm. Goochland Sports Complex at 1800 Sandy Hook Road
PETERSBURG PRE-FOURTH CELEBRATION
- §July 3rd. Petersburg Sports Complex at 100 BallPark Rd
- §Petersburg Generals game against the Martinsville Mustangs at 7:05 pm
- §Fireworks following game
And for those traveling around the country... The 10 best fireworks displays!
HERE'S WISHING ALL A HAPPY AND SAFE FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND!
And if you happen to run across anyone thinking of buying or selling a home, please send them to me. I am NEVER too busy for any of your referrals!