Are you a homeowner considering selling. Have you been wondering about the best time to sell a home in Phoenix and the general Metropolitan area? We will tell you what you want to know.
The graph shows the average monthly sales over the last 5 years. It's easy to see from the graph that the least amount of homes are sold each year in January. It's also evident that sales escalate through the peak selling months of March through June. You will see a noticeable decline in sales by July. Sales gradually taper off the rest of the year with an end of year burst.
There is no noticeable difference between property type. In other words, single family homes, condominiums, townhomes, and manufactured homes all hit their peaks during the spring and early summer.
Best Time to a Sell a Home in Phoenix
Considering selling? Go here: → What's My Home Worth? ←
Here's what some other sources say about the best time to sell and why:
- Redfin: "If your goal is to sell relatively quickly, February "is historically the best month to list, with an average of 66% of homes listed then selling within 90 days"
- Washington Post: "Seasonally more homes sell in spring and early summer than fall and winter. 35% of homes sell between May and July (the busiest three months)."
- Time Magazine: "Buyers come out of the woodwork during the spring, and with tax refund checks in the bank, spring buyers more often pay full price. In fact, sales peak in the spring, helping to explain why about 60% of those who move do so in the summer."
- Forbes: "Late spring and summer are usually thought of as the best times to put a home on the market because buyer demand builds steadily through spring. Sales then peak during the warmest months, when it’s easiest for families to move without uprooting their children from school."
- National Association of Realtors: "April through July outpace the balance of the year in sales..."
- Hubzu: "It's been said that spring and early summer are the best times to sell your house. Competition among buyers can be fierce during these warm months and for whatever reason, the data has consistently shown that homes sell for more in spring and early summer."
So we have a consensus.
First impressions count -- big-time! Check out our home selling photography.
In reality, the best time to sell your home depends on your individual needs. However, a homeowner increases their odds of a quicker sale and higher sales price during the months of March through June. It is the best time to a sell a home in Phoenix.