If you are in the market to buy a house in Tallahassee (or anywhere else for that matter), this article should serve to show you why you should take the time to actually interview real estate agents to begin your house buying process.
With more than 24 years of experience, I can promise you that this SELDOM occurs, as uninformed house buyers start the process by looking at houses online and then randomly establishing contact with agents based upon the houses that they want to go and see.
While we love when people call us to see houses, but there really is a better way to go about it if you want to end up in the right house, at the right price. The best deals for home buyers are the result of a well executed plan.
Hiring A Competent Real Estate Buyer's Agent
This article was inspired because of a few reviews I recently read online.
Several of our recent customers took the time to write about their experience working with two of our well-trained buyer's agents and to express their gratitude for the way we go about our business.
I do not write this to brag about Jason Madsen, Lindsey Begue or Kevin Milligan, rather I do so to warn future buyers that they must prepare if they too want to be happy and successful when they buy a house.
I refer to the survey conducted by Chase Bank last year. They found that 8 out of 10 home buyers wish they had been better prepared when they bought a house.
Here is what the survey reported:
- 80% of buyers considered their house move-in ready at the time of the purchase, yet 76 percent have done or are planning to do renovations to their house in the near-term
- 56% wish they were armed with more knowledge about the financial aspects of purchasing a house
- 39% said that they would buy a different-size or different-priced house or in a different neighborhood, knowing what they know now
- 34% said it cost more than expected to maintain the house that they purchased
- 22% wish they had known more about the ins and outs of closing on the house
- 19% felt they did not know enough about making the offer and negotiating
- 15% wished they had been better prepared for financing their purchase
Basically, the Chase Bank survey shows that buyers did not have a competent real estate buyer's agent, and they did not follow a house buying plan that was designed to get them the best deal on the house and all the ancillary services that are required when you finance a house purchase.
The solution to this is so easy ... just start your house purchase process by interviewing real estate agents until you find the one that can demonstrate a thorough process which was designed to save you money at every step along the way.
What Happy Customers Report About A Competent Buyer's Agent
Unlike respondents to the Chase survey, here is what our customers are reporting after buying a house using our employees and house buying process:
- I was immensely impressed by her tenacity
- She guided me through the whole process
- well-under asking price due to her bulldog-like negotiation skills
- consummate professional throughout the house buying process
- Months prior to our arrival in Tallahassee, he corresponded with us and kept us abreast of what we could expect on the local market and of the things we needed to do upon arrival
- His knowledge of the area combined with his competency with the process made our experience painless
- he expedited the process and answered our questions through the closing date
- We would recommend the Manausa Team without reservation
- exactly what we needed in a realtor
- he knows his way around the aggressive local real estate market
- Buying and selling a house is stressful, but having a great realtor to guide you through it makes all the difference
- We couldn't be happier in our new house
Buying A Home The Smart Way
To sum this all up, if you start the house buying process by FIRST hiring the right real estate buyer's agent, you will join the 20% of happy buyers that now live in the house of their dreams after paying a fair price and not over-spending on the ancillary services required to get the house.
If you are starting the journey to buy a house, whether you have experience or not as a house buyer, I encourage you to enroll in our FREE house buying tutorial. This is an overview of our house buying method that was designed to save you money and to ensure you end up in the right house. To enroll, just click the image of the book and we'll send you the information right away.
If you are ready to start the house buying process in Tallahassee, simply drop me a note and we'll have a well-trained, super competent real estate buyer's agent contact you right away.