For the first time in many years there is a serious lack of homes for sale in Greenwood and homes for sale on Lake Greenwood, SC! That's great news for sellers; however not such great news for the buyers we already have waiting for their "dream home" to become available. Once that one specific dream home becomes available there are numerous buyers waiting for it.
Some of your questions might be: what's the best way to make sure I'm aware of it? How do I make the strongets offer possible OTHER than making the highest offer? I know I'm willing and able but what should I do to make sure I'm READY when I see my dream home?
- Make sure you're using a website OTHER THAN A 3RD PARTY SITE! Examples of "3rd party sites" are zillow, trulia, realtor.com, homes.com, lakehouse.com etc. These sites are NOT as up to date as you need them to be to stay on top of the market.
- Make sure your Realtor knows what you are waiting for and THEY are keeping up to date with the market offerings. Don't use a "real estate hobbyist". Make sure your Realtor is a career professional.
- Have a recent pre-approval (within last 30 days if possible) to have your Realtor submit WITH your offer.
- Make your offer as "clean" as possible. Your Realtor should make sure you are protected in the usual ways however, putting too many unnecessary contingencies can turn the off!
- Offer a reasonable amount as an "earnest deposit". The earnest deposit shows the sellers agent and the seller how serious you are about your offer as well as in some cases how strong of a buyer you are.
These are just a few tidbits to help you be READY to jump in the game (or preferably jump before the multiple offer game starts).