Safety tips for Halloween!
Whether you're preparing kids for a night out or heading out for your own celebration, use these tips to keep your Halloween free from any scary mishaps.
If Your Kids are Trick-or-Treating:
- Add reflective tape to costumes or candy bags to be more visible
- Make sure you and your kid(s) have flashlights
- Use costume makeup instead of masks to avoid not seeing clearly
- Pin or hem long costumes and wear comfortable shoes to avoid tripping
- Stay away from pointed accessories such as swords and sticks
- Accompany your kids or arrange for them to trick-or-treat with a supervised adult
- Teach your children safety when crossing the street
- Only visit homes if the porch or outside light is on
- Examine treats and throw away anything unwrapped
Celebrating Halloween without Kids:
- Drive carefully and slow down and watch out for children crossing the street
- Restrain your pets properly
- Make sure your yard and driveway is clear of any items that could cause visitors to trip
- Keep your porch or outside light on if you are handing out treats
- Use flame-less candles or glow sticks inside jack-o-lanterns
We at The Burns Group wish everyone a safe and spooky Halloween!