33 East Pearl Street
Nashua, NH 03060
UPDATE Feb. 2, 2017
Our annual fund raising Gala was held Sat night at the beautiful Sky Meadow Country Club in Nashua, NH.. A highly spirited crowd bid on auction items and danced the night away. Love was certainly in the air Sat. night as Bridges crushed previous records, netting more than $96,000 in proceeds to be used in helping the victims and families exposed to Domestic and Sexual violence. What a great start to 2017..!!
Thank you all for your support.
I Have been on the Board or Directors for Bridges now for a couple of years. It is an outstanding organization run by very dedicated people...although the mission sometimes is heartbreaking. As we lead up to our major fund raising event of the year, Love Is In The Air, I thought I would take the time to share some information with those who may be interested.
Bridges was founded in 1977 with the mission....To cultivate communities free from violence as we support victims and survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking. This has since expanded to cover:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault
- Teen Dating Violence
- Elder Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse
This covers a wide spectrum of people and what we know is that abuse is not gender specific... or isolated to any specific demographic. It can and does emerge anywhere.
I would like to share some statistics from 2015 which is the most recent roll up - 2016 having just ended. We will see these numbers increase quite a bit once completed for 2016.
In 2015 we provided:
- Services to victims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Services to 2,376 victims and survivors of sexual and domestic violence and stalking.
- Education and Outreach services to 3,670 students and community members.
- 3,078 nights of housing for 70 women and children in our Emergency shelter.
- 10,349 nights of housing for 49 women and children in our transitional housing program.
- Peer support groups for 41 women and children who were victims of sexual and domestic violence and child witness of domestic violence.
- Participation in the Member Crisis Centers of the New Hampshire Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence.
- Support to over 14 towns and cities in the greater Nashua NH area.
Yes, there is a lot on our plate. Particularly when you consider that this is an all volunteer organization funded primarily by contributions and fund raising events. So you can see both the tremendous challenge we face as well as the importance of the service provided to our communities.
How Can I Help Bridges...?
We are in constant need of office supplies & equipment to keep things running and food, home goods, dishes, blankets etc. for our shelter and transitional housing. All contributions are important to us. So donations in kind or of money is greatly appreciated. The 24 hour Crisis Line is always looking for volunteers. Check out the Kelly Mann 5K Event in Sept. and look for "Bridges to Hope" events throughout the year.
If you wish to participate in another way, please click below.
Thank you !