When you are involved in the process of buying a home, it is safe to assume that you will probably find one that you like, make an offer, and purchase it. There are many steps along the way, and more and more buyers in the market today want guarantees. Inspections by structural engineers and environmental specialists often turn up something wrong with the property you want to buy. Many sales have been halted or delayed because asbestos, lead, or radon was found on the property.
If a problem has been found with the property you want to buy, ask yourself two questions:
1) Can the problem be fixed?
2) If so, what will it cost to repair it?
Some of the following problems could keep you from purchasing a property, if:
1) the house rests on a fault line;
2) the water supply is contaminated;
3) there is a severe crack in the foundation;
4) the house is located under electro-magnetic power lines;
5) the house is contaminated with radon gas.
Enlist your real estate agent's help in identifying the existence of any of these problems prior to buying property.
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!