ADVANTAGE INSPECTION'S SELLER'S CHECKLIST
Sellers' Checklist for a Smooth Home Inspection:
We at Advantage Inspection Clear View understand that many times the inspection process is time sensitive and essential for an expedient closing. That is why we have prepared this pre-inspection checklist so that we can do our job efficiently. First, we would like to answer some of the commonly asked questions about our service:
What is a home inspection?
We are a real estate support service that evaluates the overall structural, mechanical and electrical condition of the home. We examine nearly all-visible construction components and evaluate whether these items are still serviceable. We make notations of items that may need attention to help preserve their long-term integrity.
We also give our client helpful advice on general home maintenance.
Is this a code compliance inspection?
No. Many homes were built before codes were ever established. When codes were established, many counties adopted (enforced) their own version of these building codes. It would be impossible to verify the governing code for every time period in every county and make a compliance-type inspection. We only make code comparisons to current installation standards, and any safety-related items. (Examples: picket spacing too far apart on a balcony handrail or the absence of a smoke detector)
PRE-INSPECTION CHECK LIST:
- Confirm that all utilities are on and pilot flames are ignited.
- Please provide keys for all doors & gates.
- Please make sure that all domestic animals are secured.
- Change or clean dirty A/C filters.
- Clean range exhaust filter if there is a greasy build up. (fire hazard)
- Check batteries in smoke detector.
- Free windows that have been painted shut.
- Replace torn weather stripping around exterior doors.
- Replace any missing switch or receptacle covers.
- Clean gutters and down spouts.
- Trim back any tree limbs that may be touching the roof of the house.
- Keep foundation vents open. (except in frigid weather)
- Have your HVAC system serviced if it has been over a year since the last service.
Call Advantage Inspection Clear View ( 336-327-5523) if you have any questions about how to prepare your house for inspection.
Brian Haire, Philip LaMachio Advantage Inspection Clear View