I'm taking on the call for new meme's...
I don't really know anyone out there yet so here goes!
1. I am originally from Staten Island, NY...born and raised there. I am a new to the south and loving it! And, yes, I do say 'cawfee' and 'new yawk' and I do have a potty mouth, thanks to all that travelling to and from Manhattan. I've learned to contain it, though. I haven't picked up the 'ya'll' yet!
2. I have never been out of the continental US nor have I been to the West Coast. It is my goal, as I get older, to get my butt out there and travel. I lived a very sheltered NY lifestyle, thinking it was all I needed to know and see.
3. I married for the first time when I was 21. I was one of those 21 year olds that knew everything and my parents were so stupid, blah, blah, blah. Thankfully my mom NEVER said 'told ya so' when I came home crying that we were getting divorced! She's been a blessing to me and to my 2 kids!
4. The wonderful man I am married to now I actually met through a friend. This friend of mine is his Ex-SIL...yes, I know, it's bizarre. She, to this day, says she only meant for us to go out for dinner once and a while, because he was travelling every week to NJ for work from GA. Well, two years after our first dinner we got married on the beach in Singer Island, FL.
5. I met my first friend the day I was born! My friend Jennifer was born the day before me. She and my mom shared the hospital room and found out , ironically, that they lived not too far from one another. Jennifer and I grew up together, literally! We went to Driver's Ed together, we had our first jobs together and we went to F.I.T. together. She is my forever friend. We don't have the same social circles now but we keep in touch and see each other when we can, when I'm in NY to visit.
OK: Since I don't really know anyone too well, I am tagging 3 AR Newbies! If you are an AR newbie and you are reading this, it's your turn! :)