Asheville Real Estate, Asheville Downtown www.Realtywnc.com
Eagle-Market Street Redevelopment site: Eagle Market Renaissance, LLC, proposes a 10-story building with 46 for-sale residential units over 3,600 square feet of retail space and 27 on-site parking spaces.
Haywood at Civic Center Redevelopment site: McKibbon Hotel Group, Inc., proposes a 10-story building with a 140-room upscale hotel and a 2-story building with 13,500 square feet of street level retail with potential office space above and an integrated 350-space parking deck.
The City of Asheville is currently pursuing redevelopment of city-owned properties to advance Council's and the community's strategic goals for Asheville. The City expects to be in negotiations for development of the sites in 2008, with construction expected to begin in 2009.
Guiding Principles for the Redevelopment Process
City Council expressed guiding principles for the redevelopment process that include:
- Redeveloping properties in a manner consistent with realistic market opportunities.
- Supporting a reasonable and path to redevelopment in next two to four years.
- Keeping the process transparent to avoid special interest conflicts.
- Involving local business and citizen interests in design, construction and utilization.
- Limiting the direct and secondary impacts on tax payers.