Green Bay Wisconsin Howard is a great community that is extremely family-oriented. Proof of this is in the numbers. Green Bay Wisconsin Howard has many parks that range from your traditional playgrounds, to hunting areas, disc golf courses and much more. I'm extremely active in the Howard Suamico area, i've written many articles about Howard including information about: Howard's Community, The school district, real estate market update, seller tips, and premiere Howard lots.
Now lets take a look what the parks in Green Bay Wisconsin Howard have to offer:
- Akzo Nobel Sports Complex: A 92 acre park that has a 18 hole disc golf course, four softball diamonds, and ten soccer fields- located at 1600 Pine Crest Road
- Barney Williams Park: The oldest park in Howard- a 5.5 acre facility that has a full size soccer field, a soccer half-size practice field, playground equipment, and picnic tables. Located at 1100 Valley Lane.
- Brookfield Woods: Approximately 10 acres. Brookfield Woods is a mixture of woods and several wetlands. Hunting is currently permitted in this area. Please check with the Village of Howard for rules and regulations.
- Deerfield Docks: The Village of Howard currently has a long term lease with the Dpeartment of Transportation. This park has 3 acres and provides access to Duck Creek and the Bay of Green Bay via the Duck Creek Slough and Peats Lake. This park has a boardwalk, picnic area, off shore fishing, canoe access, and snowmobile and ice fishing access.
- Deer Run Park: 9.64 acres that is located in the southwestern part of the Village. Includes a playground, 1/2 basketball court, and a connecting trail through the wooded area to Taylor Street with a passive recreation area and picnic tables.
- Gordon Nauman Conservation Area: This park has 29.77 acres that was dedicated in 2005 as a passive park area to be used for natural purposes. It has a wooded walking loop, open air shelther, native prairie planting, rain garden and parking. It also connects to the fishing area known as Wietor Wharf Park.
- Howard Memorial Park: A 13.5 acre park wihich features access for small boats and snowmobiles. There is also a softball field, mid-size soccer field, memorial stones with flag poles, and parking.
- Juza-Oliver Family Park: This family park is a 22.03 acre park consisting of three seperate park properties located in the Glent Kent Subdivision. The central park will have an active play area when completed in 2009-2010.
- Lehner Park: 3.6 acres which have a full-size basketball court, play equipment, and a small shelter building with restrooms.
- Meadowbrook Park: A large 92.5 acre outdoor recreation area. It consists of gently sloping open areas, wood lowlands, wetlands, and hills. It has a large passive picnic area with two seperate entraces and parking lots. Also has playground equipment, full-size basketball court, fully fenced baseball diamond with bleachers, shelter building with restrooms, and open air shelter with grill.
- Pinewood Park: This park features 11.77 acres. It has a wooded picnic and play area. There are picnic tables and grills, a fenced softball diamond with bleachers, batting cage, volleyball grass court, playground equipment, ice skating rink, and an enclosed shelter with restrooms and parking.
- Spring Green Park: This park has 39 acres and is located in the northwestern portion of the village just off Glendale Avenue. This is the park where most of the softball leagues play in the summer.It has an open concession stand with picnic tables and grill, playground equipment, two softball diamonds, four soccer fields, and three parking lots.
- Wayne Williams Conservation Area: This is a 20.4 acre park that was dedicated in 2005 as a neighborhood park. It has a picnic area and parking along the Duck Creek. Playground equipment is scheduled to be put in 2009-2010.
Green Bay Wisconsin Howard Park System has something for everyone to enjoy. Please consider Howard for your next home or area to raise your family.
For all your Green Bay Wisconsin Howard Community Information visit posts below:
- About Green Bay Wisconsin Howard
- Green Bay Wisconsin Howard School District
- Green Bay Wisconsin Howard Real Estate Market Update
- Green Bay Wisconsin Howard Seller Tip's Part 1 Pricing
- Green Bay Wisconsin Howard - Premiere Subdivision Hidden Creek Trail
Dallaire Green Bay Real Estate Agent an Associate Broker for Micoley and
Green Bay, Wisconsin at 920-217-2647 to list your property for sale or
to purchase a property in Green Bay,
Howard, Suamico, East De Pere, West De Pere, Bellevue, Hobart,
Bellevue, Allouez, Wrightstown, Denmark and the rest of Brown County
Call me today
at 920-217-2647 . Contact me by email if you prefer by clicking on
email me on the right side of this page under my profile.
To view Green Bay Real Estate For Sale Click here and then click on All Properties Greg Dallaire knows Brown County and
will help you get your home Sold. If you need to Sell your home contact the Green Bay Wisconsin Real Estate Expert Greg Dallaire.
Copyright © 2008 By Greg Dallaire, All Rights Reserved. * Green Bay Wisconsin Howard - Parks and Recreational Areas * Contact Greg Dallaire for all your Green Bay Real Estate needs.