We have to be the ones to make the difference. And YOU can make a difference, even in a small way. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Try to buy products that aren't excessively packaged. It clogs up the landfills and you are buying waste.
- Re-use what you can. It saves another item from having to be made.
- If at the store you buy only a few things, skip the bag. Better yet, use those cloth bags made to re-use.
- If you do have to use plastic bags, make sure you re-use them.
- Buy whatever you can from recycled material. It is surprising how much of this is now available!
- Garage Sale or donate usable items in your home instead of throwing away.
- Ask a teacher if she can use your extra egg cartons, meat trays, or fabric scraps.
- Make your home recycle-friendly by having bins for aluminum, plastics and paper.
- Don't just throw things away when you can give to someone to reuse them. Or find nifty ways to reuse yourself!