This is the very first installment of a new blog series I am starting. As an avid blog reader I may come across some interesting articles that the Active Rain community could benefit from, so I will be sharing them here. Hopefully you find these useful.
- Web Appeal - It's the New Curb Appeal - I have actually found a lot of really interesting articles over at the Zillow Blog lately. As you might have guessed by the title; this one discusses the selling power of Web 2.0 when used to promote your real estate listings.
- "I'll Hold Myself Accountable" - The Beginning of the End - There has been a big movement over at the Mortgage Marketing Blog about a code of ethics, or a revolution in the embattled mortgage industry. This article is right on target with this theme; discussing how we can use friends/professionals that we respect and trust in our industry to hold us accountable for our actions; both on an ethical level and a production level.
- The Case For Twitter - Really good article on how to use Twitter for ‘social prospecting'. Chris Johnson gives a couple of real-life samples of folks on Twitter simply begging for the help of a professional in their market. He uses search.twitter.com/ to search for those people who he may be able to help.
- Wanna Attract REALTORs? Market Like Them - Use realtor marketing tactics to market to them. The Millionaire Real Estate Agent book describes a 33 Touch marketing system that realtors use to market to their database; this system is a great tactic for earning referrals from realtors as well.
- Confessions of a Contract Loan Processor - Processing expert Mary Schaber Eyler describes how the recent rebound in rates could be an opportunity for you to sell more loans.
- Use Reciprocity to Boost Your Business! - Now is a great time for mortgage professionals to start storing up ‘favors' from real estate agents by helping them grow their business; Steve Tyler shows you how.
- Five Ways to Manage Your Reputation Online - Spencer Rascoff gives some really good advice on managing your reputation online - I especially like the one about "if you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it online (even if you are anonymous).
- Proven Script to Get Realtor Respect - Chad Weber did an amazing job with this script he uses when calling on new realtors.
- Becoming Nordstrom - Dan Kublawi goes into great detail on the importance of finding your differential advantage with service in your mortgage marketing; otherwise you will simply blend in with every other loan officer in your market.
How to Get Off the Boom-Bust Roller Coaster - This is a great post about modeling your business around referrals to mute the effects of the boom-bust cycle of the mortgage industry. Who wouldn't want to create a referral tree with 72 branches based on a single transaction?