Is It A Blog, A Tweet Or An Essay?
A good blog should be informative, keep the reader interested and provide something useful. There are some key building blocks that you can use to make your blog more effective. If the blog is to short, then will it be lacking in information, lacking content and the reader will just cruise on by. If the blog is to long winded with not much quality content you lose the reader and off they go to another blog. Just like our children, our blogs are a reflection of us, representing what you do, so put your best foot forward.
How to know if your blogs are reaching people?
· Take a look at the comments, first are you getting many and second are they interactive comments or not?
· Are you getting any re-blogs on your ActiveRain (AR) posts?
· You can see how many views and clicks each AR blog has under the Statistic button which is on the AR ‘More about me’ page.
For me what makes a good blog:
· Get to the point.
· Provide information, entertainment, engagement
· Provide links & websites
· Make it interesting, pictures and short videos are great
Here are a few of my favorite AR bloggers and sample posts that I think are good examples of how to blog. (I have many more on my AR Blog Subscriptions list.)
Here are two ActiveRain posts that will help you become that better blogger and drive traffic to your front door.
It is the quality of the blog, not the quantity of the blog (no junk blogs). We all know the duck test “If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck…..” We all want to that drive traffic to our front door, stand out of the crowd, think outside of the box, be engaging and most important enjoy and have fun on ActiveRain ~ GOOD LUCK.
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- member of the Connecticut Association of Realtor's, CAR.
- member of the National Association of Realtor's, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Green Associate (LEED GA) and member with the United States Green Build Council (USGBC) and the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.