7 Principles to Successful Goal Setting
Now that January is nearly over, I hope we all have had a great start on the new year, implementing our goals and resolutions.
In case you have not yet been able to start, it’s not too late!
Next week brings on a new beginning of another month. If you have not yet set some goals or dialed in on your business plan, I hope these 7 principles will help get you started:
1. Your goals must be specific, detailed and clear. Highly defined goals are attained, fuzzy goals are forgotten.
2. The goals you set must be measurable. It helps to know where you are now, so you can better measure your end results.
3. The best goals have deadlines. There is nothing like urgency to help create motivation.
4. Goals must stretch you from the norm. One HUGE bi-product of achieving goals is the person it makes you along the journey.
5. Your goals must have balance with personal life, business, spiritual, physical and mental.
6. Your goals need to be in alignment with your values. You cannot achieve goals that are contradictory to your true values.
7. Defining your purpose is one of the biggest challenges we have, yet this one alone will help characterize the rest of your goals. I encourage you to read the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.
Best of selling, discipline and life to you in these upcoming months!