So you're looking to buy a home or refinance your current one. If you've gone through this process before, let me start off by telling you things have changed. Minimal documentation was the norm several years ago. Believe it or not, at one point, all you needed was your drivers license to purchase a home and a pen to sign a stack of papers. That's it. The rules, however, have changed. Listed below are the standard documentation you will need with us. Some borrowers will need more items (depending on the the loan they are doing and typically at the lenders discretion), but for the standard loan, the following checklist will help you get your loan done much quicker. So if you're in the process of getting a mortgage, start gathering the following items so you can expedite your loan process.
- Pay Stubs - For the last 30 day period.
- Tax Returns - For the last 2 years; all pages.
- Award letters - If your income is from retirement, pension, social security, annuities, disability, etc.
- W-2's - For the last 2 years
- Bank Statements - Checking or Savings account for the last 2 months.
- Retirement/401k Accounts - Most recent quarterly statement that reflects your vested interest.
- Stocks/Money Market/CD Accounts - Statement for the last 2 months
- Copy of your Drivers License/ID Card
- Copy of your Social Security Card
- Current Homeowners Declaration Page (Refinance)
- Copy of Divorce Decree (Refinance)
- Copy of Current Mortgage Statement (Refinance)
- Copy of Survey (Refinance)
- DD Form 214 (VA loans only)
- Certificate of Eligibility (VA loans only)
While this isn't a complete list of items you may need, this is typically the bare minimum most company's will require. So if you want to expedite your loan process so you can close in time, start getting these items ready. It'll save you and your loan officer (hopefully me) a great deal of stress and guarantee that your loan will close on time, if not sooner.
Have a great day!
James Jeter | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS #365858
12005 Ford Road, 8th Floor Dallas, TX 75234
O: 866-277-3088 Ext. 3361
Anything posted on ActiveRain and Localism are
my personal views and they do not reflect those of
FinanceMyHome.com, REMN, Inc. or it's affiliates.