Greater Victoria Real Estate Listing & Sales Activity
From December 18, To December 25, 2011
"The Empress Hotel at the Inner Harbour, Victoria, BC
is a Pfanntastic Place to call Home for the Holidays"
Every Week Peter and Linda Pfann take a quick reading of the Greater Victoria Real Estate Market (based on MLS information) for you. Below is our overview of the Victoria Real Estate Market over the past week.
The Vancouver Island BC Communities and Areas included in this Greater Victoria Real Estate Snapshot are:
Victoria, Saanich (East and West), Central Saanich, North Saanich, Sidney, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Sooke, Malahat.
If you would like to receive regular updates about real estate activity in your area, or the area you would like to move to, please use our Free Victoria Homes Now Tool that offers you to receive highly personalized and detailed property and statistical information at your fingertips.
The Pre Christmas Victoria Holiday very much slowing things down with overal less reported activity in all reported categories..... However we are still seeing considerable numbers of sales and inquiries.
This is the 24 st. out over the past 26 weeks of substantial reduction of inventory this week by 149 Fewer properties for sale.
We are still busy with showings and inquiries from people on the internet, and people retuning to Victoria to Live, with less inventory, buyers are still shopping for good homes and investments this time of the year, hoping to find the right home and move early 2012.
Further confirming that there is no doubt that we see a slowly improving and strengthening marketplace in Greater Victoria, for most areas and property types in and around the lower Vancouver Island region.
We also offer the Greater Victoria area, single family home market place reports for each community in and around Victoria. (you can read these reports here).
The Holiday season is a time of the year where many people have time off and as such have an opportunity to view homes and or explore their options for a new region to call home, so we are often very busy during the holiday season with out or town buyers, planning to buy while they are here.
In short, dependent what your plans are with your real estate decisions, it is very important to consult with your trusted real estate expert to develop a strategy that will optimize your options and opprtunities. (we would like to apply to become your trusted expert).
We continue to point out in our weekly review....... 64 Price Changes in one week,(read mostly price reductions).
"Deciding on The Right Asking Price is by far the most important decision sellers make to assist the sale of their property and why properties are Selling"
"(or why they are not selling)."
- It is our experience, that if sellers want to sell their property in this still softer and more fragile market, our best advise to potential home sellers is to trust your agent and the price recommendations they offer you based on their comprehensive market value evaluation.
- If you need a 2nd opinion, please do not hesitate to contact Peter and Linda Pfann, and it will be our pleasure to complete either a summary evaluation for you (see below) or provide our 60+ page, complete evaluation report which also includes our suggestions for optimizing the marketing results for your property.
Notes on our Weekly Review statistical information:
- If The Number of Properties Removed from the Market Exceeds the New Inventory for a longer period of time (3-4+ months) the market is active, and prices will level and eventually increase.
- When The Number of Properties Added to the Inventory Exceeds the Number of Properties Removed from the inventory for a longer period of time (3-4+ months), the market is slowing down and prices will remain level or likely reduce.
- Monitor our Victoria Real Estate Daily Market Watch over a period of time and you can easily see how the Victoria Real Estate Market is progressing.
- As always it is nearly impossible to apply the generalities of the entire market place to your particular personal situation, we encourage you to always best to consult with your local real estate specialist (in Greater Victoria that would be Peter and Linda Pfann off course). It would be our pleasure and privilege to review and discuss all your plans, dreams and options, in total confidence and without obligations.
Planning to buy, sell, upgrade, downsize, invest in real estate or relocate to Greater Victoria, and need information about your present or new area of choice?....... No Problem.
Peter and Linda Pfann now offer a FREE Pfanntastic Internet Service, keeping you informed about Greater Victoria Market Activity, including New Listings & Value Estimates, This absolutely Free no hassle service is completely customized to your specific requirements.
We call it: Victoria Homes Now, and this amazing little tool will ask you a few questions, and provides you with an updated snapshot of the property type(s), location (s) and real estate market activity as per your requirements.
The Pfanntastic Victoria Homes Now Service is Free, The Information is Invaluable,
Greater Victoria Real Estate Listing & Sales Activity From December 18, To December 25, 2011