Is this a beautiful spot or what? I absolutely love living in the California Palm Springs desert region. I live in one of lovely desert communities, Rancho Mirage and wake up every day with a smile on my face. I still cannot believe it. As a matter of fact, I was so worried about moving to the desert and giving up my San Francisco Bay Area home that I bought a small condo in the Bay Area just in case I wanted to move back. If you are wondering if I bought the condo at the height of the market, the answer is yes. But what would you have done? I did not want to price myself out of the market and never be able to afford another home in the San Francisco Bay Area. Ah, hindsight is great, isn't it?
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy each and every visit to the San Francisco Bay Area and still love it..... but……I am reminded why I love living in Rancho Mirage and call the surrounding desert communities my playground.
Here are my top reasons for living in my desirable desert.
1. Traffic. In other words, what traffic? I joke with others that red lights are optional in the summertime. Seriously, there is minimal traffic in the grocery stores, malls, restaurants, parking lots, and the movie theaters.
2. The mountains. The San Jacinto, Santa Rosa, Little San Bernardino and the Chocolate Mountains all speak to you in their great glory throughout the year. They also provide for some terrific hiking trails.
3. The entertainment. Did you know that our valley boasts over 60 Hall of Fame Musicians? Every night of the week you can listen to your favorite style of music.
4. More entertainment. The Coachella Valley Music Festival, Stagecoach Music Festival and the Jazz Festivals.
5. Did I mention entertainment? Tamale Festival, International Film Festival, Date Festival and all the Arts and Wine Festivals. We do like our wine.
6. The sporting events. Croquet, Golf, and Tennis. Grab your racket or your clubs; a tee time is easily made and you can find a tennis game any time of the day. Do you like watching the tennis pros, the LPGA and PGA Events? You can catch them all live here in the desert.
7. The Arts, the Culture and the Architecture. This may be a small community but it is a powerhouse when it comes to the arts, culture and architecture. People from all over the world converge on the desert during Modernism Week to view the amazing mid-century architecture we have here in our desert community.
8. Did I mention the great weather we have here 9 months out of the year? Yes, it may get a little hot in the summer but we don’t have the humidity, mosquitoes, thunderstorms and rain. Waking up to sunshine each day puts a smile on your face.
Come and experience the beauty and allure of the desirable desert's living.