· This fall, the new College Station High School opens its doors to freshmen and sophomores.
o It will be about the size of an average 3A high school.
· The high school will offer junior and senior level courses for the freshmen and sophomore students who are interested and qualified to take upper level courses.
· New staff will be equal to that at A&M Consolidated.
· Areas of the city have been zoned by College Station ISD to determine which high school students will attend.
· To account for increased traffic, construction on the surrounding roads is underway and scheduled to be completed this summer.
· All extracurricular activities will be offered at the new high school with the exception of swimming.
· Both high school gymnastic teams will practice together, but will perform as separate teams.
· For the first two years of operation, there will be no varsity football at the new high school.
Susan Hilton (979) 764-2100